This document serves as a guideline for Terms and Conditions of all GEOSTOURS Tours, trips and/or excursions. Any change or variation to these Terms and Conditions must be confirmed in writing. These Terms and Conditions are applicable to small group tours. All the Travels with GEOSTOURS small group tours are hosted by Geo Morales, your cultural guide, who shares with Guest his passion knowledge and expertise.
You must be in good physical condition to participate in this Trip. You must be able to sustain some walking and standing, as well as uphill and downhill climbing, among other physical non strenuous activities, but moderate. If you are not interested in some of the scheduled activities, you may plan a different activity at your own expense. If you are taking prescription medication, please make sure you have enough before leaving, as it may become a problem finding it in Europe, resulting in holding back the rest of the group. Any pre-existing physical, mental, or emotional disability that may require attention or special treatment must be reported in writing prior to the beginning of a Trip. Failure to do so may result in expulsion from a Trip at the traveller’s own expense. GEOSTOURS reserves the right to accept or decline a traveller from participating in a Trip, and to expel a traveller from a Trip at any time, without any claims or complaints by that traveller against us for any such decision. A traveller who is expelled or otherwise fails to comply with this section shall not be entitled to any refund whatsoever. In addition, GEOSTOURS assumes no responsibility and you agree and covenant not to sue GEOSTOURS for any physical, mental or emotional disability or injury or illness incurred during or after the Trip.
PASSPORTS, VISAS & OTHER TRAVEL DOCUMENTS
Immediately after sending in a deposit and signed up for a trip, and at least 3 months before the commencement of a trip, travellers need to ensure their passports and other travel documents are in order.
- Passports need to have an expiration date of at least 6 months after the tour has been completed.
- For those not holding a valid passport to the country of the tour will be conducted, it is responsibility to make sure all visa requirements have been met.
- It is responsibility of all travellers to meet visa requirements of any and all countries they may be connecting through to/from their tour destination.
- It is the traveller responsibility to provide required vaccine, immunization and other health documentation as determined by regulatory agencies.
- By the end of 2022, all visitors that currently do not need a visa to enter Europe will be expected to apply for an ETIAS travel authorization. It is the responsibility of the travellers to obtain ETIAS travel authorization.
- Travelers are encouraged to bring multiple photocopies of passports and other Photo ID document on trips.
RESPONSIBILITY AND LIMIT OF LIABILITY
All information on this website is, to the best of our knowledge, correct. GEOSTOURS reserve the right to make changes in accommodations, visits, and any other activity including itineraries at any time should it become necessary or desirable. Delays or itinerary changes caused by strikes, weather conditions, traffic, or other unforeseen circumstances beyond out our control are no reasons for travellers to be compensated in any way for inconvenience.
GEOSTOURS, its employees, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, successors, representatives, assigns and its designated tour operator do not accept responsibility for any loss, expense, accident, injury, or damage to any person or property and shall not be held liable for it.
In the course of operating a tour, GEOSTOURS may contract with third parties such as hotel, restaurants, transportation, local guides and any other activities provider, which GEOSTOURS neither owns or controls. Geostours will not be held for negligent, acts or omissions of the third parties.
GEOSTOURS is not responsible and shall not reimburse traveller for financial losses associated with cancelled or unfulfilled services, no matter the reason for the cancellation or non-fulfilment. Baggage is maintained at owner’s risk. As the Trip organizer, GEOSTOURS accepts no responsibility for securing, handling, or possession of passports or travel documents; nor for the accuracy of information given regarding such documents. It is your responsibility to make sure that you are in possession of the proper travel documents and are in compliance with the current carrier and government regulations. GEOSTOURS assumes no responsibility for traveller’s items that are forgotten, stolen, lost or damaged in any manner during the Trip. GEOSTOURS reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to withdraw from any activity, and to make changes to the itinerary that not necessary or desirable, and to decline to accept or retain any traveller as a member of the Trip at any time should such traveller’s health, mental condition, physical infirmity or general deportment impede the operation of the Trip or the rights, welfare or enjoyment of other travellers. Uncompleted portions of the Trip are not cause for refund and any related paid monies are forfeited by the traveller. We are not responsible for printing or typographical errors. Trip Terms & Conditions may change with or without notice.
TOUR DESCRIPTIONS, PRICE, AND INCLUDED/EXCLUDED.
General descriptions of tours are on the website. Well in advance of the tour start date, all travellers will receive by email a detailed guide covering all the specific information to that tour. It will contain information such as starting days and point, how to get to/from hotels, money matters, packing, detailed itinerary with the starting times activities and other general tips according to each tour and destination. Traveller should print and bring this guide informative with them on the tour, also expected to be familiar with this information.
- All prices are based on double-occupancy of two persons sharing a room.
- Prices and tour dates are listed on the GEOSTOURS website.
- Singles, we normally have guests traveling alone on our tours, the single supplement fee is dependent upon the tours and hotels for each tour.
- If Guest is traveling alone but does not elect to room alone, GEOSTOURS may pair Guest with another Tour participant. There are a limited number of single rooms available on all Tours, so requests to room alone should be made as soon as possible.
- All Prices are shown in US Dollars
CHANGES IN TRIP PRICE.
All quoted prices are subject to sudden changes based on Euro dollar/US dollar exchange rate, until final balance is paid. Once the final balance has been paid, the price is locked, regardless of exchange rate fluctuations. Variations in price will be made only if Euro value increases 5% or more from the time of booking to the time your balance is due. Any variations in price, which may or may not increase your balance, will be communicated to you by email and/or by phone.
Accommodations and meals as indicated on the printed itinerary (B = breakfast, L = lunch, D = dinner); educational materials; pre-departure information; entrances fee, excursions, ground transportation during Tours/Excursions, local guides, Geo´s companions, and any other activities noted as included in the itinerary.
Transportation (airfare, train, bus, or other means) to and from the country where the Tour begins and ends.
Telephone calls, personal items, laundry, individual purchases, taxi fare, forwarding of luggage, loss of luggage and Wi-Fi during tours or excursions.
Medical expenses, travel insurance, items of a personal nature, optional excursions, any meals not specified as Included Meals in the Tour itinerary.
Tipping is optional. Local tipping customs may be provided on individual tour information sheets
BOOKINGS AND PAYMENTS
To reserve a place on this tour you must agree to these Terms and Conditions and provide us with a deposit of $400 per person. Deposits for tours are refundable up to 100 days before tour´s departure date. We accept MasterCard, Visa, bank transfers and PayPal for all tour deposits and payments; when paying by credit card and PayPal 3.75% service fee may be added in to cover additional fees charged by banks and PayPal. Final balance payments are due no later than one-hundred 100 days prior to departure date for Tours/Excursions, unless otherwise stated on the itinerary page. The purpose of taking deposit and payments is to guarantee your place in the tour. In turn we make commitments with travel suppliers (Transportation, guides, companies, trains, ferries, tickets etc.) on behalf of our travellers.
If you sign up for a tour less than 90 days before its departure, the entire tour price must be paid, and is non-refundable after 7 days. You will receive a reminder with an invoice at 120 days prior to departure. If payments are not received within 90 days prior to departure date, GEOUSTOURS shall consider the failed payment a cancellation. No refunds are given to travellers who fail to pay their balance by the due day.
CANCELLATIONS AND REFUNDS
Deposits- Deposits for tours or/and excursions are fully refundable up to 120 days before your tour’s departure unless otherwise noted. Deposits made 91–150 days before a tour departs become non-refundable after 30 days. If you book a tour less than 90 days before its departure date, full payment is due immediately, and the entire tour cost becomes non-refundable after seven days. After these dates, deposits are not refundable and will be forfeited if you cancel your tour reservation.
If you cancel timely notification by email is necessary for travellers who wish to cancel their place on a tour.
All cancellations must be confirmed by email. Earlier cancellations make easy to provide you a refund or credit voucher If refund/credit voucher can be made at all. Credit voucher are not cash exchangeable, and just can be used to sign up in another tour within 12 months after the voucher is granted. Tours/Excursions transfers can be made up to one hundred (120) days prior departure to your original tour´s departure date, you can request to transfer to another signature tour or ByDesing trip within 12 months after your request as long as availability is confirmed by GEOSTOURS. When transfer a tour or use a credit voucher, GEOSTOURS and its representatives, have no other obligations to tour members on cancelled trips, including any additional costs or fees related to airline tickets, any difference in price increased or other travel reservations. Regardless of when a cancellation may occur GEOSTOURS will make the best effort to work with clients in securing/credits for cancelled tours.
GEOSTOURS may cancel or postpone a Tour/Excursion 150 days before your start date, usually due to under subscriptions of the tour, a minimum of 6 guest is required.
Your tour may be cancelled due to pandemics, travel restrictions, or other unexpected circumstances beyond our control such as but limited to:
- Natural disaster
- Restrictions by Governmental Agencies
- Labour actions
- Act (s) or Terrorism
- Act (s) of war, undeclared civil war
- Heath/medical crisis
- Emerging conditions outside of our control that would place those on a tour in danger
- Emerging logistical situations outside of our control that would make the Tour/Excursion impractical to complete as originally planned.
In the event a Tour/Excursion is cancelled or postponed due to circumstances as explained above, GEOSTOURS will a best effort to recover and refund any or all deposit and payment made. No guarantee is made for a partial or full refund under such circumstances.
We strongly recommend to all our travellers have a comprehensive travel insurance covering Travel health insurance/trip cancellation-interruption, and any unforeseen costs Guest may incur.
Guest is responsible for any medical expenses incurred in the event Guest becomes injured or ill during a Tour. It is traveller decision where to purchase a comprehensive travel insure. GEOSTOURS assumes no responsibility for any expenses that Guest may incur as a result of Guest not purchasing travel insurance or the travel insurance not covering the loss at issue or any claims decisions made by the trip insurance company.
PHOTOGRAPHY DURING YOUR TRIP
GEOSTOURS´S reserves the right to take photographs and videos of travellers during the Trip and to use them for promotional purposes. By traveling with GEOSTOURS´S, you agree to allow your image to be used for marketing and promotional purposes. Travelers who prefer that their image not be used are asked to advise GEOSTOURS´S before or during the Trip and to send a written request BY email Otherwise, you grant GEOSTOURS´S permission to use in any form of media the rights of your image, likeness and sound of your voice as recorded on audio and videotape without payment or any other consideration. Your image may be edited, copied, exhibited, published, and distributed. You waive the right to inspect or approve the finished product wherein your likeness appears. There is no time limit on the validity of this release nor is there any geographic limitation on where these materials may be distributed. This release applies to the use in any form of media of all photographic, audio, and video recordings collected by Nada’s Italy during the Trip.
GENERAL FITNESS AND EXPECTATIONS
To enjoy this tour, you must be relatively fit and active. Walking and standing are common and essential elements of a GEOSTOURS Tour/Excursion. You are expected to assume some personal responsibilities such as:
- Transport, roll, or carry your luggage on your own.
- Sleep in clean, safe, and centrally located European-style central hotels that may differ from those we expect in the USA.
- Understand that air conditioning and WIFI may not work as well as it does at home.
- Walk some hours at a time on uneven streets, up and down stairs, and hop on and off public transportation.
- Stand and walk in museums and historical sites for several hours.
- Get out and explore independently after receiving orientation and travel tips from your tour guide.
Accommodation: Prices are per person, based on two persons sharing a room with private bath or shower. In generally hotels are centrally located and walking distance to many sites and restaurants. Please note that hotel room sizes, standards, facilities and services provided may vary from country to country and region to region and are often local in style. Heating and air conditioning are not standard in most European hotels and are not guaranteed.
Rooms usually have one queen or king bed or two twin beds. Especially in Europe it is common to have two twin beds pushed together to make up a double or king-size bed. Rooms in historical buildings tend to be different from one another in size, layout, decoration, view and some may include stairs. Internet speed may be slower or experience interruptions at any given time. GEOSTOURS cannot guarantee a room with a view. Rooms are usually assigned in a random manner by the hotel front desk.
The final hotel bookings for your Trip will be communicated by email forty (40) days prior to departure. Please keep in mind that hotel selection for the Tour may change at any given time with or without notice and cannot be guaranteed.
Meals included as part of the Tour package are shown on the applicable Tour itinerary (Included Meals may include: Breakfasts, Lunches or Dinners). The Included Meals will feature local dishes; traditional cuisine which best represents the region Guest is visiting. Meals take place in local restaurants, vineyards, etc. The Included Lunches and Dinners are accompanied by limited, pre-set amounts of regional wine and bottled water. If Guest wishes to have a particular bottle of wine, cocktail or any other alcoholic drink with their meal, Guest must purchase it at his/her own expense. Some meals will be served family style on large platters passed around the table so Guests can serve themselves. Meals will not be based on a traveller’s personal preference, but rather on a choice and variety of various local specialties selected by the restaurant’s chef or Tour Operator. If Guest has any allergies, special dietary requirements, glucose or other food intolerance, is hypoglycemic, vegetarian, vegan, lactose-intolerant, gluten-intolerant, diabetic, or the like, Guest must advise Tour Operator at the time of booking of the Tour. Even though Tour Operator will try their best to accommodate, Tour Operator will not assume any extra costs to accommodate special diets. Breakfast is included in each hotel stay, but each hotel may have a different way of serving breakfast (varying in the amount and type of food prepared). Eggs or bacon are not typically served for breakfast and should not be expected.
Pack Light Policy
We suggest each tour member bring only one airline carry-on-sized piece of luggage (approximately 23x14x10 inches) plus a small backpack or over-the-shoulder bag. You will receive Geo´s Tour Planner, which includes tips and hints for packing thrifty and light.
Smoking, Vaping, And Tobacco is not allowed when with the group.
Country entry rules change often, and we will try to keep you updated on current requirements for your destination. However, ultimately, it is your responsibility to remain compliant with all entry requirements for the destination countries on your tour itinerary.
Different forms of public and private transportation such as taxis, buses, vans, trains, boats, ferries etc. may be used on GEOSTOURS Tour/Excursions.
Starting and Ending dates of Tours
It is the responsibility of the traveller to arrive and depart tour starting and ending points on the prescribed day and times. GEOSTOURS shall not be liable for the costs of unused lodging or activities missed due to a traveller arriving late or departing early from a tour. If a traveller arrives late or depart early from a tour, the traveller assumes all costs in meeting the tour due to an early departure.
PARTICIPANT RELEASE and AGREEMENT
I, THE UNDERSIGNED (OR MY PARENT OR GUARDIAN IF I AM A MINOR), AN APPLICANT FOR A EUROPEAN TOUR PROVIDED BY GEOSTOURS (HEREINAFTER REFERRED TO AS EXPLORING EUROPE), AGREE TO THE FOLLOWING:
1. My GEOSTOURS tour begins as mentioned in the tour itinerary and documentation (see tour dates in column one). My tour ends after breakfast on the last scheduled tour day.
2. I agree to release GEOSTOURS (which term shall include agents, officers, directors, staff members, tour directors, and employees of Exploring Europe, as well as Exploring Europe itself) and (if applicable) my school, teacher, and group leader from, and agree not to sue such persons for, any claims that I may have arising from, or in connection with, any physical or property damage or other loss that I may suffer from any cause whatsoever other than the gross negligence of such persons. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, I release such persons from and agree not to sue such persons for, any damages that I may suffer from any injury, loss, damage, accident, delay, or expense resulting from events beyond their control, including, without limitation, acts of God, weather, war, pandemics, strikes, incidents of politically motivated violence, terrorist attacks, sickness or quarantine, government restrictions or regulations, and, in the absence of gross negligence, arising from any vehicle, or from any act or omission by bus or car rental agency, steamship, airline, railroad, taxi or tour service, hotel, restaurant, school, university, or any other firm, agency, company, or individual.
3. If any flights are included with my tour, I understand that the air carriers’ liability for loss or damage to baggage or property, or for death or injury to person, is limited by their tariffs and/or the Warsaw Convention and related agreements. Further, I understand that the air carriers assume no responsibility to any traveler aside from their liability as common carriers.
4. GEOSTOURS, its employees, officers, directors, agents, and assigns (collectively known as Exploring Europe) does not own or operate any entity which is to or does provide goods or services for your tour. It purchases transportation (by aircraft, coach, ferry, train, vessel or otherwise), hotel or other lodging accommodations, restaurants, ground handling, and other services from various independent contractors. As a result, GEOSTOURS is not liable for any negligent or wilful act of any such person or entity or of any third party. In addition and without limitation, GEOSTOURS is not responsible for any injury, financial or physical loss, death, inconvenience, delay or damage to personal property in connection with the provision of any goods or services whether resulting from but not limited to acts of God or force majeure, illness, disease, pandemics, acts of war, civil unrest, insurrection or revolt, animals, strikes, or other labor activities, criminal or terrorist activities of any kind, overbooking or downgrading of services, computer system failures, food poisoning, mechanical or other failure of aircraft or other means of transportation or for failure of any transportation mechanism to arrive or depart on time.
5. I will assume full responsibility for my safety and actions while away from the group, such as visits to friends or relatives, or during stay-ahead/stay-behind optional periods if the optional period does not include the services of a Tour Director of GEOSTOURS.
6. If I become ill or incapacitated, GEOSTOURS and its employees, or my Group Leader, may take any action they deem necessary for my safety and well-being, including securing medical treatment (at my own expense) and transporting me home.
7. I agree to abide by GEOSTOURS´S regulations and the directions of my Group Leader or GEOSTOURS´S personnel during my tour. Failure to do so may result in GEOSTOURS´S terminating me from the tour immediately. I understand that to disobey such rules or directions is to waive the right to a refund of any part of my tour fee and that GEOSTOURS may then send me home at my own expense.
8. I agree to abide by all local laws when abroad, including those concerning drugs and alcohol (and if I am a minor when such laws are not in conflict with parental/guardian permission). I understand that to abuse or disobey such laws is to waive the right to a refund of any part of my tour fee and that GEOSTOURS may then send me home at my own expense. I also understand that should local authorities be involved; I will be subject to the laws of the country I am visiting.
9. I understand GEOSTOURS is in no way responsible for or connected to air carriage to and from Europe or within Europe. If GEOSTOURS arranges air carriage it is only as a courtesy and not an element of my GEOSTOURS tour.
10. Should there be flights within Europe associated with my tour, I assume full responsibility for all excess baggage fees should they be imposed on me and my luggage. GEOSTOURS accepts no responsibility for oversized or overweight luggage.
11. I understand that I will be required to pay for any phone calls or incidental personal expenses that I incur at hotels, as well as for any damage I cause to hotel rooms, buses, ferries, trains, or cruise ships. I will indemnify GESOTOURS and hold it harmless for any financial liability or obligation which I personally incur, or injury or damage to the person or property of others which I cause or contribute to while participating on an GEOSTOURS tour.
12. GESOTOURS reserves the right to refuse or cancel any enrolment at its sole discretion.
13. GEOSTOURS has the right to make changes in tour itineraries and departure dates and to modify transportation arrangements, including the use of substitute airlines, if flights are included. In the event of changes, refunds will be given only in accordance with the provisions of the GEOSTOURS “Terms and Conditions” supplied herewith.
14. If this is a student-oriented tour, I acknowledge my choice to travel with the leader organizing my group, and I understand that this choice is not the responsibility of GEOSTOURS. I understand that GEOSTOURS reserves the right to reassign my group to a replacement group leader should my original group leader be unable to, or determine not to, participate in the tour and that the standard cancellation policy will apply if I choose not to travel with the new Group Leader.
15. I understand that future GEOSTOURS advertising and publicity material may include statements made by participants or their video clips or photographs, and I consent to such use of my comments or photographic likenesses.
16. In the event this agreement is signed by a parent/guardian of a minor, it shall bind the parent/guardian and minor to the terms of the agreement.
17. This agreement shall inure to the successors and heirs to the parties to this agreement. This agreement shall not be assigned without the written consent of GEOSTOURS.
18. This agreement constitutes the entire agreement between GEOSTOURS and me with reference to the subject matter referred to herein, and I understand that no warranty or representation not herein, including but not limited to any oral statements made to me by agents of GEOSTOURS or if applicable. This agreement may be amended or modified only in writing, signed by GEOSTOURS.
19. I hereby agree to be bound by the Tour Terms and Conditions and Participant Release and Agreement attached here to and incorporated herein by reference.